Friday 15 July 2016

Fabric Friday

Everyone who knows Cheeky Leopard knows that we love a bit of purple. The last purple clutch bag I made was dedicated to the wonderful artist Prince. I still can't quite believe he has gone. He passed away almost three months ago now....

So here's another dedication to his Purple Highness, a stunning purple kimono which I love! And I still haven't had the courage to cut it up. I'm gearing myself up for the snip though, as I know that it would make a gorgeous clutch bag, with a bright red lining for a flash of colour. Once I've been brave enough to do it, I'll let you know! In the meantime, enjoy this beautiful design.


I love the placement of the flowers. In true Japanese fashion, the negative space is just as important as the actual image, and the flowers are sparsely placed to make the most of the stunning purple.


The design on the kimono consists of stylised chrysanthemums outlined in touches of gold.


The lining is a wonderfully bright orange colour. You just get a flash of it on the edge of the sleeve.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts